October 2017 – August 2021
Focus Empowering the young with social innovation skills.
NEMESIS developed a new educational approach that will strengthen the capacity, skills and entrepreneurial mindsets of children from all backgrounds. This enables students to deal with the real challenges of the 21st century and gives them the possibility to become social change makers in a world where inequality, poverty and social exclusion still occur. The project builds on a combination of innovative pedagogy and contemporary educational practices.
The NEMESIS project uses a new approach, in which students are involved in a collective learning model that is based on partnerships between education, social innovators and community. Students, teachers and social innovators are involved in co-creation labs and these labs will develop innovative education resources which schools can use to improve the social innovation skills of students. These resources, such as guides for teachers, training materials and student projects will be placed on an Open Learning Platform for Social Innovation and are freely accessible for everyone.
NEMESIS is being rolled out at schools in Greece, Spain, Great Britain, France, Portugal and The Netherlands.
Please visit the Nemesis site to find out more about the NEMESIS project.
The main deliverables
– A new educational approach and educational model that will strengthen the capacity, skills and entrepreneurial mindsets of children from all backgrounds and aimed at creating future social innovators and social entrepreneurs of Europe.
– A platform that guarantees social innovation education for everyone. This platform is open and offers useful resources for teachers, such as guides, training materials and social innovation student projects. (https://nemesis.odl.org/ )
The platform includes the following content:
- A lesson series designed for schools to get to know Social Innovation Education
- NEMESIS Organisational Change Model
- An online course (MOOC) that empowers teachers to teach Social Innovation Education
- NEMESIS Replication Handbook
- A Resouce guide with many useful examples to Social Innovation Education
- NEMESIS Serious Game https://changemakergame.ili.eu/
All deliverables are described at the following page: https://nemesis-edu.eu/about/resources/
For your convenience and for a great introduction to Social Innovation Education, we have published the lesson series here (=please include a link after you have consulted Jan about the UK lessonseries)
Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg (FAU) – Project coordinator – Germany
Agrupamento de Escolas da Maia – Portugal
ASOCCE/ZEMOS98 – Spain
Boroume – Greece
CEIP Los Albares – Spain
European School Heads Association – The Netherlands
Generation Generous – UK
Healthapp – Spain
Herringthorpe Junior School – UK
Les Têtes de l’Art – France
Regional Directorate of Primary and Secondary Education of Central Macedonia – Greece
Social Enterprise International – United Kingdom
STIMMULI for Social Change – Greece
VALNALÓN Ciudad Industrial del Valle del Nalón – Spain
ESHA’s role In charge of the development of an organisational change model and synergies with other parties ESHA also participates in the dissemination part of the project.